28th of February 2013: Publish or Perish
25 - 26 September 2014: Guangxi Quantitative History of Chinese Economic Performance
2 - 3 November 2012: IISH Amsterdam - The Global and Long-term Development of Real Wages
11th of July, 2012: Session Marriage patterns, agency in households, and economic growth at WEHC Stellenbosch
18th of January 2012: Conference Programme - Asset Management of Households in Europe, 1300-1800, Utrecht
Friday 9th - Saturday 10th December 2011: “Quantifying knowledge: human capital measurement, ca. 1700-2010”
17th of June 2011 - Centre for Global Economic History launch event - Economic History meets Development Economics
Thursday 19th - Saturday 21st May 2011: Amsterdam The efficiency of Markets in Pre-industrial societies: the case of Babylonia (c. 400-60 BC) in comparative perspective
16th May 2011: Utrecht Studium Generale (in Dutch only) 'Our common future - the future of our commons' (English text below) - The videos and powerpoints from the day itself will shortly be made available.
The XVth World Economic History Conference *papers presented at this conference available under programme*
- In 2009 the International Economic History Association (IEHA) held its XVth World Economic History Congress in Utrecht, The Netherlands, from 3 to 7 August. The organizing institutions were Utrecht University (Research Group Social and Economic History) and the International Institute of Social History.
The World Economic History Congress takes place every three or four years.
It offers excellent opportunities for scholars in economic history from all over the world to present their work, exchange knowledge and views, and set the research agenda for the years to come.
- Marriage Patterns, Household Formation and Economic Development (2010)- link to programme and papers
- Law and Economic Development - link to programme and papers
- The Return of the Guilds - link to programme and papers
- The Rise, Organization, and Institutional Framework of Factor Markets - link to programme and papers
- Towards a Global History of Prices and Wages - link to programme and papers
- Economic Growth and Institutional Change in Indonesia in the 19th and 20th Centuries - link to programme and papers